When it comes to Easter feast with friends, first thing comes to my mind is some sort of roast. I think this is the best way to use up all the leftover preserves such as apple sauce or pickled beets for sides . That is if you are lucky enough to have any leftovers from last Autumn ;-).
This weekend we tried to roast a gammon. I was terrified at first as I have never dealt with such a big piece of meat. Luckily the recipe that we found on BBC Good Food website had really good reviews so we just went with that. Gammon pre-cooked in cola and roasted with honey and mustard glaze tasted amazing!
Unfortunately we did not have any leftover preserves. I made quick Lithuanian white salad instead! My favourite festive salad in fact ;-).
LITHUANIAN WHITE SALAD
- 3 medium size potatoes, cooked
- 2 carrots, cooked
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 3 big pickled gherkins
- 2 small cans (300g each) processed peas
- 3 tbsp or more mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh herbs to decorate (optional)
1. Dice all the ingredients and place them in the large bowl.
2. Mix everything with mayonnaise, season and decorate with fresh herbs.