Do you knit in public?

Home Forums Forums Do you knit in public?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of paula paula 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rasa Pelham
    Rasa Pelham
    Keymaster

knitting in public

I wondered if anybody out there knits in public after I got a comment from my friends that people actually stare at me when I crochet. If you do craft in public, what is your experience with people around you, how do they react to you, how does their reaction makes you feel? I personally ignore people around me as I have so much fun with my handwork! In fact I really like my mum’s attitude when it comes to this subject: she just tends to tell me: “look at that lady looking at you, she must be jealous as she really would like to knit too!”. Anyway, looking forward to your comments!

#2232 Reply
    Profile photo of Gillian Reid
    Gillian Reid
    Participant

I do knit in public, usually if I have a long bus/tube. I recently met up with a friend who Im teaching to knit, and we met up in a coffee shop in trendy Islington. We could hear the teenage girls next to us commenting but they didn’t say anything bad.

I draw a lot in public, so I’m used to people staring, but it’s only cause they’re curious and like your Mum said Rasa, they’re jealous and wish they could knit too!

#2239 Reply
    Profile photo of Sofia
    Sofia
    Participant

Back when I was at uni, my friend and I used to knit together on the long journey home… we def used to get looks but then again isn’t that some of the fun? We sometimes meet up to knit and have a coffee and we once got talking to a woman about being young and kniting haha :D

#2240 Reply
    Profile photo of paula
    paula
    Participant

I met woman on the tube and she was knitting. me and whole carriage was hypnotised by her swift movements. There is some expectation in knitting in general and people watching couldn’t just simply go back to look at their phones, we all were checking her progress:)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Do you knit in public?
Your information: