Dolphins owner Stephen Ross supported pl

Home Forums Forums Dolphins owner Stephen Ross supported pl

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Abbey Abbey 4 days, 3 hours ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Abbey
    Abbey
    Participant

Kneeling for the national anthem last season was a strong storyline at the beginning of the year, especially on Sept. 11. Many fans were already sour on the idea of kneeling while the anthem played, and kneeling on Sept. Lorenzo Alexander Jersey 11 just angered them more.The Dolphins stood out on that day because four players participated in the act: Jelani Jenkins, Arian Foster, Michael Thomas, and Kenny Stills. Thomas spoke with the Palm Beach Post about what went into the decision, and how his owner, Stephen Ro s, supported the players.I saw Mr. Ro s come Jim Kelly Jersey in the locker room. Im going up to him, trying to explain to him in a way, letting him know, like, Look, were thinking about doing this, thinking about taking a knee,’ ” Thomas said. “And for him to stop me and say, Look, Mike, whatever yall choose to do today, Ive got yalls back 100 percent thats a testament to what type of person he is, how he truly feels Thurman Thomas Jersey about equality for all, and the efforts hes made with the RISE program. Its great to have the owner of the Dolphins have that perspective.”RISE is Ro s’nonprofitorganization which stands forRo s Initiative in Sports for Equality. Per its website, RISE is “dedicated to harne sing the unifying power of sports to improve race relations and drive social progre s.”The fact Ro s supported them isn’t a surprise. The team owner even said so himself that day following the game.”I don’t think there was any lack of respect,” Ro s said in September. “Everyone in this team and whole organization respects the flag and what it stands for. These guys are making a conversation about something that’s very important topic in this country. I’m 100 Seantrel Henderson Jersey percent in support of them.”Thomas’ quotes just emphasize how much the players respect and appreciate Ro s. The Dolphins owner was also praised recently for being the lone vote against the Raiders’ move to Las Vegas.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: Dolphins owner Stephen Ross supported pl
Your information: