"Little Paris Kitchen" is the new program on tee-vee that made me to forget my beloved "Desperate Housewives". And it's not that there is anything to compare between them two! I used to be really devoted to watching a little of Wisteria Lane mysteries, but now I am just dazzled by this grand appearance of Rachel Khoo and her wonderfully looking food, style sense and her little kitchen. I love her lifestyle so much... in fact I even feel a little bit jealous.
Even though there have been only two series, I have managed to try some of "Little Paris Kitchen" recipes myself: two breakfast treats! First I tried Croque Madame muffins as seeing it how it was created really inspired me!
Then I made these Eggs in pots (oeufs en cocotte)...
And I can say that I finally found something better for breakfast than Eggs Benedict.... and it is easier to make! Except I used bacon instead of lumpfish roe since is really difficult to find it in UK. Here is the recipe.
EGGS IN POTS
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Season the creme fraiche with salt, freshly ground pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Place a heaped tablespoon of creme fraiche in the bottom of a ramekin, followed by a little dill.
- Crack an egg on top, add a second tablespoon of creme fraiche and sprinkle with a pinch each of salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add small tear of bacon on top. Repeat all this with three more ramekins.
- Place the ramekins in a baking dish and pour enough lukewarm water into the dish to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the egg yolks are set to your liking.
- Finish each serving with some dill.