Recently I have been going through my old diary and came across this recipe for apple and potato rosti. The funny thing is that I don’t even remember writing it, but I do recognise my scribbles :D. Has this ever happened to you?
Anyhow, I went ahead and tried this recipe for brunch and it turned out a treat!
APPLE AND POTATO ROSTI
(will serve at least 4 people)
- 6 tbsp oil
- 3 potatoes (pealed and grated)
- 1 apple (pealed, cored and grated)
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 tbsp chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8-12 grilled bacon rashers to serve
1. preheat oil in the frying pan.
2. mix all the ingredients except bacon and spoon out the mixture into frying pan. Make sure there is enough of space between every rosti. Fry for 1-2 minutes on each side.
3. Serve on top of bacon rasher.