What’s amazing about bank holiday weekends is that you don’t have to worry about running out of time and can eat breakfast instead of lunch. And speaking of breakfast instead of lunch (aka brunch), I like making good ones! The cereal just doesn’t do in this case…
(for the waffles)
- 1 large egg
- 120ml milk
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 95g plain flour
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp mustard powder (Joni would so approve this!)
- 1tsp sugar
- 40g butter, melted
- 20g cheddar cheese, shredded
(for the sandwich)
- 2tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 avocado, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced (or if you want, you can try little tomberries!!)
- 6 bacon rashers, crisped in oven or on the grill
1. To make cheesy waffle batter whisk eggs, milk and yogurt together.
2. Add the rest of the waffle ingredients into the waffle batter and mix well.
3. I made my waffles in a waffle iron on top of the stove, but if you are using a machine then you should cook according to your waffle machine instructions.
Enjoy your bank holiday Monday!