The other day I tried curry on the waffle? What? Yes, me and my sister in law visited waffle house few weekends ago and this is what Waffle House had on offer! I absolutely loved it and tried to repeat the same at home. Except I did not have so much luck with waffles, but otherwise it makes a great family meal. Mild and sweet, something that is ok with kids. CARIBBEAN CHICKEN CURRY WITH PINEAPPLE
makes 3 meals for a family of three
- 2 tsp sunflower oil
- 5 chicken tights, diced (about 1 kg)
- 2 large red onions, chopped
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 3 tbsp mild curry powder (could be more if prefer more spicy)
- 2 X 400g can coconut milk
- 2 X 400g can black eyed beans, drained
- 1 pineapple, pealed cored and diced
- small bunch coriander, chopped
- cooked rice or waffles to serve with
1. First fry the chicken, then transfer to the slow cooker or a large pot (if not using slow cooker). Add the onions and peppers to the same frying pan, and cook for 5 mins until the veg starts to soften.
2. Transfer the veg to the slow cooker together with chicken. Then add beans, curry powder and the coconut milk. Season and cook as required. If you are using slow cooker then cook it on low all day, medium half day or on high three hours. If its in the pot then for about 40min-1h. You get the idea?3. Serve it with chopped pineapple, coriander and rice or waffle if you are brave ;-). Enjoy!