When I used to dream about opening my own cafe (still dreaming about it), I had this idea of serving tea with these teabags that had a little bird sitting on the cup rim. You never know I might still use this idea, but for now I thought it would be a waste not to share it! Here are the printable bird tags.
So first you need to find a loose tea mix to package it. Or you can make your own! Here is one of my favourite: camomile chai tea that is naturally decaf (good for chilly autumn evenings!). This recipe has been given to me by my friend's Amy's flatmate Gurmit. She usually "cooks" the herbs in water to really infuse the tea, but after doing some testing I realised that the teabags work just fine.
CAMOMILE CHAI TEA MIX
(makes 15-20 tea bags)
- 1 cup dried camomile flowers
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp cardamon seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
(other things you will need to make the tea bags)
- bird tags (printed and folded)
- tea filters (you can get those from e-bay)
- cotton embroidery tread (thick and smooth)
1. make the tea herb mix.
2. package the tea mix into the tea bags. Insert 2 tsp of mixture into one tea filter, fold it to close, staple it together with the tread. Staple the other end of the tread onto the bird tag, tie it with the knot.
8. You can make as many tea bags as you want to package it as a gift or for future tea drinking!
Enjoy the tea drinking and a lovely weekend!