Since today is an International Coffee Day, I have decided to share how I recently started drinking spiced coffee! I once tried spiced coffee in the food exhibition and it tasted surprisingly AMAZING. Although I would not recommend this coffee for an everyday brew, I occasionally enjoy it on Sunday mornings :).
(for 2 adventurous coffee drinkers)
- 2 scoops ground coffee
- 1/2tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2tsp grated nutmeg
- 300ml water
- 3 whole cloves
- 5 cardamon pods
- 1 star anise
- milk and sugar if desired (recommended)
- Place ground coffee, cinnamon and nutmeg into the french press pot.
- In the milk pan heat the water with cloves, cardamon pods and star anise. Let it boil for 5-10min.
- Pour boiled water over spiced coffee and let it sit for another 2-5min.
- Press the coffee to filter and pour it into the cups. Serve it with milk and sugar if desired. I don’t usually drink coffee with sugar (I used to in the past), but I do think that sugar (only little) go well in the spiced coffee. So do try it out!
I like September not only because it is my birthday month, but also because it is a last warm enough month to enjoy my coffee break outdoors on my terrace. My coffee is usually accompanied with the crepes and jam...hmm. September, you will be missed and this is probably the last Sunday I am enjoying it!