This year (especially in the summer) I was really addicted to ice cream! I have made few of my own such as Banoffee ice-cream sandwiches, super easy fresh strawberry ice cream and my favourite goat’s milk and roasted rhubarb ice-cream. While in Italy we both (me & Joni) tried many gelato flavours, on some occasions 5 flavours in one go! Have you ever tried red wine tasting ice-cream? Our newest finding is Kelly’s Clotted Cream & Honeycomb ice cream (actually Joni found it first), you should definitely try it ;-).
Although Ice cream may not be the most suitable dessert for this weather, we have been enjoying this warm crumble and ice cream dessert. You see, I quite like a contrast in food and this combination is definitely contrasting. If you are like me you would understand what I mean!APPLE & BERRY CRUMBLE AND ICE CREAM DESSERT serves 2 generously
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1 handful of mixed berries (can be frozen ones)
- 100g brown sugar
- 50 ground almonds
- 20g oats
- 50g flour
- 60g coconut oil
- 60g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds (optional)
- good quality vanilla ice cream (with vanilla seeds if you can find it)
1. First, make an apple and berry filling. Peel, core and chop apples into the saucepan together with berries and brown sugar. Cook it for 5 min until sugar dissolves and the mixture becomes jam-like. Spread the filling into the baking dish. 2. Mix coconut and caster sugar together with almonds, flour and oat. Combine everything well by working it with hands. If using, mix in poppyseed as well (it just makes everything look prettier!).
3. Cover the fruit filling with the crumble. I like the filling overflowing, therefore I make very little amount of topping. If that’s not the case for you, then double the amount of ingredients for the crumble. 4. Bake the apple & berry crumble in 180C oven for 30min until the top is lightly golden. Serve it in the bowls with at least 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream on top of each.Enjoy your weekend ;-)