I lost the count how many mulled wine glasses (or bottles) I drank this year. Many many glasses for sure! That's because I like mulled wine very much. So of course I have experimented with it a lot. Because I don't always have ready mulled wine in hand, I often make my own when in need. I have been inspired by Jamie Oliver mulled wine recipe this year. I came up with very smooth and thick mulled wine because of that. It almost taste like a spiced jam! JAM MULLED WINE
- 2 clementines, cut in half
- 2 handfuls of mixed berry mix (frozen works well)
- 100g sugar
- 3 cloves
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bottle of red wine (I like merlot most)
1. First heat sugar with clementines, berries and spices. Mash clementines and berries so the juice come out and the sugar dissolves in it.
2. When everything dissolves, pour the wine in. Heat further till it warms but does not boil (you want to make sure that alcohol does not evaporate!). Pour the mulled wine into the glasses and enjoy Christmas!