Lately we have been very tired. One moment I thought we were handling our lot as parents of two really well, the next day I feel like I am back at square one. Tomas is going through a bad sleep patch (hope thats temporary) and I for the first time ever have got a painful back.
At least one thing have not changed! We are still having our luxurious breakfast every Saturday that have become a tradition in our family. We always start our weekend with something special ;-). Here is what we had last weekend, savoury waffles with blue cheese and bacon, from Pinterest of course! I thought they were little rich so serving it with tomato salsa or salad is perfection. SAVOURY WAFFLES WITH BLUE CHEESE AND BACON adopted from What Should I Eat for Breakfast Today
serves two exhausted parents
- 130g flour
- 1 egg
- 250ml buttermilk (or 125ml milk mixed with 125ml yogurt)
- 3 slices bacon, fried and cut into small pieces
- 50g blue cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 30g butter, melted
- tomato salsa or salad to serve (optional)
1. Mix all the ingredients in the bowl2. Heat the waffle iron pan or the waffle maker, grease it liberally (I do it with butter) and pour the waffle mixture in ready to fry (1-2 spoons at the time). I use fork to detach the waffles from the pan but this probably would not work with the non stick pans, so be careful. Hope you all have a fab weekend!