I love broth soups! I made one couple of weeks ago that I used to often make. This one is different though (one of the reasons for choosing for today’s challenge)! The broth is poured over rather than used as a base for the soup. This is why it tastes soooo fresh as some ingredients don’t even get cooked (some herbs and avocado). I tried avocado baked, not a good taste (to me at least)! But in this scenario it tasted wonderful! Anyway, try it for yourself ;-).
CHICKEN AVOCADO SOUP adopted from Mama Miss
- 2 chicken breasts (I used 4 as I wanted to use for something else. Chicken cooked this way is sooo versatile!)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- bunch spring onion, finely chopped, divided
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1.5l chicken stock
- pinch of cumin
- 2 avocados, diced
- small bunch coriander leaves, finely chopped
- lime wedges
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large cast iron pan over medium-high, heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Add chicken to the heated skillet and place it under the grill. Shred chicken and cover with foil to keep warm, then set aside.2. Sauté spring onions (reserving some for latter) and garlic for about 2 minutes. Add diced tomato; Sauté 1 minute, until soft.