Lately I felt poorly :-(. Caught the cold even if it was pretty warm outside! That must be because of weather change… Do you feel the same? If yes, than this flavoured steamed milk is for you ;-).
When I was little, my mum would make me steamed milk with some honey, butter and garlic. You are probably thinking that it have tasted yucky. But actually, that was the main thing I was looking forward to when I got ill! I of course edited the recipe to more grown up version. I have added rosemary twist into it…. because I love it and it recently flowered in my garden ;-).
- 1.5 cup milk (can be almond milk if you prefer)
- handful of rosemary
- 2 cloves of garlic (really worth it!)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
1. Simmer or steam milk with rosemary, garlic and olive oil until hot. (don’t let it boil)
2. Sieve the milk and pour it into the mug (serves one unfortunately). Swirl in the honey!